National Gypsum Company
- Multi-billion dollar, privately-held company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, with operations
in the United States and Canada
- Founded in 1925, National Gypsum is one of the nation’s leading building products manufacturers
- Second largest gypsum drywall manufacturer in the United States
- Three focused business units
- Gypsum drywall – Gold Bond® brand
- Interior finishing products – ProForm® brand
- Cement backerboard – PermaBase® brand
- Vertically integrated for quality and cost control
- Three paper mills produce heavy liner paper for drywall production from recycled paper
- Eight gypsum mines and quarries including the largest gypsum quarry in the world located near Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Internal logistics transport rock by ocean-going vessels
- National footprint with plants located near major metropolitan areas
- 21 gypsum drywall plants
- 7 interior finishing product plants producing drywall finishing products including ready mix, tape, and textures
- 4 cement backerboard plants
- All National Gypsum products and assemblies meet all applicable ASTM and UL standards.
- All National Gypsum wallboard and ready-mix products have achieved GREENGUARD Certification, the highest standard for indoor air quality.
- Award-winning operations
- IndustryWeek Magazine named the company’s Apollo Beach plant and its Wilmington, NC plant one of the 10 Best Manufacturing Plants in North America in 2005 and 2006, respectively.
- The State of Pennsylvania awarded the company’s Shippingport, PA, plant the Governor’s Environmental Award.
- The company has been named one of the safest in the United States.